Experience and Skills:
(For Bilingual positions only)
Ensure Non-English speaking consumers receive services
- Communicate with and provide services to consumers whose primary
language skills are non-English
- Serve as an interpreter for the Agency in the identified language
pair, including oral and written, interpreting and explaining forms,
rules, policies, etc.
- Translate written materials
Minimum Qualifications - Experience and Education
A qualified applicant will have a minimum of four (4) years of
equivalent combination of education and/or experience which
demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities required. The
following qualifications meeting the minimum requirements will be considered:
- Bachelors degree in social sciences or any related field
- Work or volunteer experience working directly with consumers in
social service type settings. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Any combination of related education and relevant work experience
equaling at least 4 years.
(For Bilingual positions only)
- Successful completion of a language proficiency test.
While not required, experience working with seniors or adults with
disabilities or vulnerable populations is a plus.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Case Managers typically work in an office environment. and in the
- Use a computer, telephone, and other office equipment
- Need to tolerate and be able to work where the noise level is that
of a typical office
- Travel to consumers’ homes or care settings to meet with consumers
(in an agency or personal vehicle)
- May encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day
- Are regularly required to sit, talk, or hear
- Use repetitive hand motions
- Must be able to handle objects and sustain a sense of touch
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach, and bend
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
Contact with the public in homes, facilities, or office environments
may risk exposure to people with contagious diseases or
irrational/hostile behavior and contact with domestic animals.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
In accordance with the vaccination order issued by the state of
Oregon all new hires in this position must comply with Oregon
Administrative Rule (OAR) 333-019-1010, COVID-19 Vaccination
Requirement for Healthcare Providers and Healthcare Staff in
Healthcare Settings. To be in compliance with this rule, an employee
must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination, or provide
a medical or religious exemption request form by their first day of employment.
Proof of vaccination means documentation provided by a tribal,
federal, state or local government, or a health care provider, that
includes an individual’s name, date of birth, type of COVID-19
vaccination given, date or dates given, depending on whether it is a
one-dose or two-dose vaccine, and the name/location of the health care
provider or site where the vaccine was administered. Documentation may
include but is not limited to a COVID-19 vaccination record card or a
copy or digital picture of the vaccination record card, a print-out
from the clinic, or the Oregon Health Authority’s immunization registry.
Religious or Medical exceptions must be documented on an OHA COVID-19
Vaccine Medical Exception Request Form or COVID-19 Vaccine Religious
Exception Request Form. These forms can be found online or requested
from the HR department.
To be successful, candidates must:
- Secure and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license or have an
acceptable alternative means of transportation
- Attend work regularly to meet the demands of this job and to
provide necessary services
- Complete and pass a criminal background check
Classification: Case Manager, Bilingual Case Manager
Position Number: Varies
Salary Range: R20/R21 for bilingual
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Program Manager
Union Status: Represented
Last Revision: March 2022
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position.
Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned,
including work in other Agency unit/location to ensure workload
coverage. Employees are required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee
will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.